Monday, June 10, 2013

Always and Eternally Yours...DM Yates



I love to write stories and poetry. When I write, I get taken up into a whole new world, experience new places and new friends. I want the story to take me away with it. If I stop to think about what I'm writing or what I should write, well, it's just not as interesting as when the story leads me.

I've written poetry and books my entire life, but I didn't take it seriously as a business until after my family had grown and I had more time. I self-published my first novel, 'Always', last fall. The first sequel will be out this fall: 'The Lone Hero.' Who knew I wrote in fantasy/new-age/spiritual/romance genre? I didn't. Why not? Because I just never had the time to really get into writing before.



I am so happy when I read positive reviews or someone writes me telling me how much they enjoyed the book. Can you imagine touching people through the medium of writing? Giving them a way to escape into another place for awhile? That's how I feel when I read a good book, like I've journeyed there and I'm part of that life. When I finish the book, I miss the characters and the places, the adventure. I can only hope that's what my writing does for others.

One of my friends told me once: Don't worry about the number of books sold. Believe that whoever reads your book was meant to.
Just that thought keeps me going everyday. There are people out there who will enjoy my writing! What a great thought.

My first book of poetry will be out this spring, and I hope to have an anthology of short stories out this summer.

For all of us, may we each see our own potential and go with that, being the best we can be, sharing our talents with the world.

Believe in yourself and dream above the clouds. I do, and I believe in you!

I love to make new writer/poet friends, so here are my contact links.  I'll like/follow/friend back!

ALWAYS - 2500.jpg 

DM Yates Contact Links:







We have an Author/BookLover group board you can join by following me so I can follow you. You can add your books to our group board!!





As you can see, I live on the Internet, and I so enjoy meeting new friends. Find me at any of these places.

Love, honor, and respect to you,

DM Yates


About this Guest Poster:

DM Yates grew up in Ashtabula, Ohio. She started writing stories and poetry as soon as she learned to read and write. She attended BYU Idaho, BYU Hawaii, and BYU in Provo, Utah.  Although writing and poetry are her passions, she didn't take it seriously to publish until her later years.  She is the Author of the fantasy/new age/spiritual romance stories, starting with 'Always.'  DM Yates is an independent self-published author. 

7 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for this wonderful opportunity. I'm honored to have appeared on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Donna Yates is a tower of knowledge to many of us blogger's out here, I for one love her blog, be well D.Y, regards Agman

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Terence,

      Thank you so much for sharing and letting NB Blog readers know Donna's value in the indie community!!

      Delete
  3. Donna,

    You are so welcome! You've brought a new spirit and energy to this blog! Thank YOU.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Agman. Donna is one of the nicest people you are ever likely to meet and Always is a wonderful read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Barbara, I am looking forward to reading "Always"! It's already downloaded to my Kindle!

      Delete
  5. What a wonderful post! I love Donna! She is such a wonderful, kind soul. I appreciate the happiness she spreads and I always enjoy visiting with her. I can't wait to read Always. Wishing Donna all the best!
    ~Stephanie

    ReplyDelete